Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

The poet in all of us

This was poem was written by a dedicated and intelligent seven-grader who just happens to be my son.



TheDoer
 
I am a doer
I wonder how to do new things
I hear the voices of people through history
I see pictures of the future
I want to do more always
 
I pretend to be someone
to see how it feels
I feel like an eagle, ready to dive
I touch something that is not there
I laugh at the bird,
as he does a little dance.
I worry for the things that cannot fend for themselves
 
I understand I cannot do everything
I say that people should not hate
I dream about things that happened before
I try to do more everyday
I hope that hate will be stopped
I am a doer 

September 1, 2009





No comments:

Out and about

Take a walk on the wild side around New England's outdoors. Come walk with my son and I as we explore state parks, historic sites, and creepy cemeteries. This is the good stuff in life, and there is nothing worth watching on television, anyway. Join us as we take advantage of Maine's beaches and pristine forests. In between our sojourns through the Pine Tree State, look for political insight and a few well-written opinion pieces as well.