Popular Posts

Friday, July 15, 2016

Brady let us all off the hook

AUBURN, Maine — I can go on with my life and think good thoughts again.

All is right in the world.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has made the arduous decision not take Deflategate all the way to the Supreme Court.

Whew!

I was on the edge of my seat for the past 24 hours. I didn’t sleep last night and lost my appetite.

I know I should have been more supportive of Tom, but I have a life — and it doesn’t revolve around a quarterback who has the privilege of throwing a football around for an enormous amount of money.

He’s a great athlete who steered the Patriots to several Super Bowl championships. New England will always be grateful for his exploits on the gridiron.

Brady’s decision to pass on tying up the Supreme Court with this inane issue means justices can go about dispensing justice.

And there will be no more nonsense of freeing Brady even though he never did hard time at Folsom or Walpole.

Brady won’t be at the helm when the Pats open the season, but life goes on and everybody can be replaced in this throw-away society.

It will be tough on all of us, but I refuse to go on a hunger strike or stop mowing my lawn because Brady will have to sit for four games.

I guess I let him down.

Brady said it was a tough decision not to plead his case to the Supreme Court.

When I think about tough decisions, I look at how this nation responds to terrorism, racism, education, poverty and pollution.

This wasn’t a tough decision. This was common sense.

Thanks for letting us off the hook, Tom!

I have a lawn to mow and I am suddenly feeling hungry again.



No comments:

Out and about

Take a walk on the wild side around New England's outdoors. Come walk with my son and I as we explore state parks, historic sites, and creepy cemeteries. This is the good stuff in life, and there is nothing worth watching on television, anyway. Join us as we take advantage of Maine's beaches and pristine forests. In between our sojourns through the Pine Tree State, look for political insight and a few well-written opinion pieces as well.